Get To Know – Amanda Hart, Outreach Representative
1. What is your position and how long have you been with Commuter Connect?
I recently started my role as the Outreach Representative for Hendricks, Johnson, Morgan, and the west side of Marion County.
2. How did you get started in the industry?
I was recruited by the Commuter Connect Program Director, Jennifer Gebhard. We met while completing our undergraduate work together at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in the Department of Communication Studies.
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
I love that each day brings something new, and we get to help people while doing it. I especially enjoy working the great events that can be found all over Indiana. This year I am most excited for the parades and festivals.
4. What is your best commuting tip?
Use an app like GetUpside to earn money back when you pump gas!
5. How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
I spend a lot of time with family. We especially love outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and traveling to Disney World. I am also highly active at my church and enjoy planning monthly social events for my small group.
6. What is one thing you want to do when the pandemic is over?
I have always wanted to travel to Hawaii. It is the number one destination on my bucket list. I am waiting a few years to visit because of the pandemic. As a Disney fan, I really want to stay at Disney’s resort Aulani!
7. What are you reading or watching right now?
I love reading books that help me grow. Recently I read, “Broken Crayons Still Color” and, “The Habits of Happiness.” I don’t watch much TV, but when I do I enjoy my guilty pleasure, the Bachelor, or the Bachelorette.
8. What is your favorite destination/activity in Central Indiana?
Indiana is home to many great destinations! I especially love hiking at Eagle Creek and going for tacos at Bakersfield. Try the al pastor tacos!k.