Improving transit today, expanding transit for tomorrow.
The Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA) is a regional governmental organization (IC 36-9-3) focused on bringing more transportation options to Central Indiana. We are working to better connect Indianapolis with suburban and rural communities in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks, Boone, Delaware and Madison counties. Improving and increasing our transit options helps employees and employers alike throughout the region.
This plan, known as Indy Connect ties together walking and biking trails, bus routes and rail options with roadway planning in a 25-year vision for the region’s economy. Indy Connect: Central Indiana Transportation Initiative was introduced to the public in February 2010, has been refined through intense public dialogue and has the backing of private sector leaders from the Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce and the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership. See how connected the region can be, and how you can get from place-to-place with greater ease, less cost and more options.
CIRTA is constantly working with state legislators and community leaders to improve public transit. Current activities include:
- Partnering with IndyGo and the Indianapolis MPO on rapid transit corridor studies in Indy Connect, currently underway for three corridors: Red Line, Blue Line & Purple Line. The process includes engagement with neighborhood leaders, elected officials, the business community, and all interested community constituents.
- Obtaining funding through federal grants.
- Working with state legislators to enable local authorities to conduct referenda to dedicate new local funding to transit.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Policy
- CIRTA strives to meet Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goals when procuring goods or services from vendors/contractors. Please click here to find CIRTA’s DBE policy and goals.
Title VI Policy
- CIRTA is committed to practicing non-discrimination. For a copy of our Title VI policy click here.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy