Connecting people to opportunities.
The Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA) is a regional governmental organization (IC 36-9-3) focused on improving transportation options for Central Indiana. We are working to better connect Indianapolis with suburban and rural communities in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks, Boone, Delaware and Madison counties. Improving and increasing our transit options helps employees and employers alike throughout the region.
CIRTA is constantly working with state legislators and community leaders to improve public transit. Current activities include:
- Partnering with IndyGo and the Indianapolis MPO on the reallocation of federal 5307 and 5311 funding.
- Working with rural and suburban transit providers to increase efficiencies.
- Obtaining funding through federal grants.
- Working with state legislators to enable local authorities to conduct referenda to dedicate new local funding to transit.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Policy
- CIRTA strives to meet Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goals when procuring goods or services from vendors/contractors. Please click here to find CIRTA’s DBE policy and goals.
Title VI Policy
- CIRTA is committed to practicing non-discrimination. For a copy of our Title VI policy click here.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy