CIRTA Employment Opportunities
The availability of any listed positions is contingent upon continued revenue from grants and other sources and employment in this position is at-will. CIRTA is an equal opportunity employer.
Finance Manager – Posted 3-12-2018
The Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA) is a regional government transit agency seeking an experienced and professional Finance Manager to join our small but mighty team. This position will play a key, hands-on, role in all financial matters of the agency, including budget development and management, accounting, AP/AR, procurement, federal and state grants management, and liaison with payroll/HR management firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field and a minimum of five (5) years prior related experience in a management role with controlling responsibilities
- Experience with federal and state funding, grants management and procurement
- Fund accounting expertise – minimum of three (3) years of experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting standards and procedures relative to all areas assigned
- Experience with human resources management preferable
Candidates are asked to answer the following questions as part of their cover letter, or as an attachment to their resume:
- How many years of financial management experience do you have?
- How many years of fund accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of federal grant management experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Are you bondable?
Cover letter, resume, and at least three references are to be submitted to email@example.com. This position will remain open until April 12, 2018, or until such time as the position is filled.
Summer Intern – Posted 4-11-2018
The Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA) is a regional government transit agency seeking an summer intern. Start and end dates are flexible, but anticipated to be at least from the beginning of June to the end of July.
The position is open until filled, and is intended for an undergraduate or graduate student who is interested in alternative transportation services and/or mobility management programs. Possible projects and/or duties are listed as follows:
- Update GTFS (transit feed) files for Johnson County, ShelbyGo, and CIRTA as necessary
- Develop new GTFS layers for additional transit systems (if applicable)
- Service assessment and planning for possible new Workforce Connectors
- Administration of Plainfield and Whitestown Connector services
- Research for County Connect team – prioritization of rural transit plan
- Assistance with FTA Triennial Review
- Passenger surveys
- Research passenger mile estimation methodologies
- Development of field reporting form
- Contractor prep for July 1 North Plainfield and Whitestown service turnover
- Park-and-ride site location research (GIS)
- EID planning support for Whitestown and other areas
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed to Philip Roth, Mobility Manager at 317-327-7433.
CIRTA Partner Employment Opportunities
Please check below for any job postings by CIRTA partners. DO NOT CONTACT CIRTA about these external opportunities, but rather use the contact information provided beneath the listing.
Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation (“IndyGo”)
IndyGo’s fleet is growing; we operate 25+ bus routes and provide 10 million passenger trips a year. Join a team that moves our city. We are looking for Mechanics and Professional Coach Operators (Drivers).Current IndyGo job openings can be found at https://www.indygo.net/employment/.
Janus Developmental Services/Hamilton County Express
Janus is looking for full-time and part-time drivers. Requires a HS diploma and for-hire driver’s license endorsement (or ability to obtain). Apply in person at 1555 Westfield Road, Noblesville, or call (317) 773-8781 for more information. Application available online at http://janusinc.hirecentric.com/jobsearch/.
Boone County Senior Services/Boone County Area Transit System
Boone County Senior Services is looking for drivers. Requires a PPC (Public Passenger Chauffeur’s License) and/or CDL (Commercial Drivers License). Contact them at 515 Crown Pointe Drive, Lebanon, IN or (765) 482-5220.